Whatever your type of business, a start-up hair salon, a free-lance photography studio, or a house-remodeling company, a professional website will be your most vital marketing tool. Your professional website will attract new customers and will encourage the retention of existing customers.
Common mistakes of the SMALL BUSINESSES website.
1. I can do it myself!
Some web companies promote low cost “all in- one” website packages. Some even offer free “build it yourself” websites. Called “drag and drop” website, they are not user friendly. The result is a cheap looking, unprofessional website.
2. Anybody, my friend, my daughter, or even my brother- in- law, can build my business a website.
Are you sure this is true? Just because you know someone who has done some projects as a hobby, does not mean he or she can design a professional website. Whether your website is a “do it yourself” project or a website done by a non-professional, you will end up with the same result. You will have an inadequate webpage with too much downtime, which will result in the loss of potential sales and clients.
3. I can’t afford a professionally made website.
The majority of large design firms charge hefty fees for their services. You need a small website firm with two or three highly skilled employees. A small firm with low overhead costs will present you with a lower price and prompt service.
4. How do I go about finding a suitable website company or my small business?
First, check for local web design firms. Then check their websites and contact companies that they have serviced. Speak directly to these companies to ascertain the competence of the design firm. When you have narrowed down your design firm selection, inquire of them as to:
- Initial costs (Design firm that works within your budget?)
- Additional costs for services like web-hosting, logos, custom graphics, SEO, images, and photography
- Adaptability to other devices as tablets and /or smartphones
- Browser compatibility
- Updating the site for CMS ( content management systems) at regular intervals
Your Ultimate Guide to Website Redesign: Why, When, and How The Art...
Case Study: Impact of Digital Strategy & Strategic Branding on the City of Racine, WI Local Transit System
Case Study: The Transformation of the City of Racine's Local Transit...
Unmasking the Future of Content Management: Understanding Headless...
Send us an email